Today is our Brewery Review Road Trip and we traveled North to visit the Due South Brewing Co. in Boynton Beach, Florida. It only took us about 35 minutes up I-95. We read online that they have a tap room and also do tours on Saturday and Sunday. Two times are free and two times are $10 and come with free tastes and a free pint glass.
They are located in an industrial area and one thing to know is that the GPS and street signs do not get you here correctly. I had to pull up the website to look for directions and the directions said “When you go north on High Ridge Rd., don’t pay any attention to the street numbers as they are wrong. We are in the building on the northeast corner of High Ridge Rd. and Industrial Way. We are between Sherwin-Williams and Boynton Granite and Marble. Just turn on Industrial Way and turn left in behind Sherwin-Williams.” One more thing to note is that they’re located between the granite samples. Just look for the outhouses. 🙂
We’ve been to the Funky Buddha Brewery and they might have spoiled us for life. Funky Buddha has quite the polished look. Due South is definitely first a brewery. The tap room is not for comfort or for those looking for an upscale trendy bar. It’s set up inside the same warehouse that the beer is brewed and you can actually see all of the equipment at all times….kinda cool. There are many tables around with some seating at the bar. The service was prompt, but not overly friendly as we’ve seen at other breweries in South Florida. We moved to a high top table to finish our beers. The place is an open air warehouse and can get quite warm. I’m not sure how comfortable the temperature will be in mid August. They had music playing and it was a cool spot to hang.
It’s a cool spot to check out and Due South Brewing Co. is definitely on our list of local breweries to hit on a regular basis.
Tips for your visit to Due South Brewery:
- Address is 2900 High Ridge Rd #3, Boynton Beach, FL 33426
- Do not follow Siri’s or Tom-Tom’s GPS directions. Look for Sherwin-Williams paint store on the East side of the street. The brewery is in the same building with parking in back.
- May 10th is their 2nd anniversary party
- Happy Hour is 4pm to 6pm Tuesday through Friday
- Can’t decide? Try the four beer flight for six dollars. A really good deal.
- Best seating? Look for the select few tables with ceiling fans directly above them.